A Linux compatible version of OneNote
After downloading the
AppImage, make it an executable.
mkdir -p $HOME/opt
mv ~/Downloads/p3x-onenote-a.b.c-x86_64.AppImage $HOME/opt/
chmod +x $HOME/opt/p3x-onenote-a.b.c-x86_64.AppImage
Then you can run it
It then actually integrates itself into the menus and it will auto update itself.
The app can be found on ElectronJs Apps
You want to install via NPM...
Props for Peter Forgacs!
P3X OneNote Linux is, actually, an independent browser window for the online OneNote. You can use this program without having to clutter your browser. The main functions are:
- that is independent from any browser, as it works in it's own process
- it provides a tray, that allows you to close your browser while it keeps running in the tray
- the data is cached and is faster than always opening a new window
- it allows you to sign in with the corporate or the personal login
- when there is a new update, it auto updates itself (Only in the
- the program allows to use other Microsoft online applications, but the dedicated purpose is to use OneNote
- Desktop menu
- There is a bottom bar
- It shows the current location
- When you click on this bar, the location URL is copied into the clipboard
- There is a new button on the Edit menu
- Copy this location to the clipboard
- This is the same function that is on the bottom bar when you click on it
- Restart button (empty your cache, you can login again if there is an error)
- Remember last notebook (as much Online Onenote allows ...)
- Menu > Settings
- Close button
- Close button - will minimize to the tray instead of quit
- Close button - default quit close button behaviour (quit the app)
- You are able to set a proxy in the settings menu.
- There is now a menu called
- Given, I do not have a
Corporate login, I cannot debug it at all.
- If something is not working, the only way is to provide your login and I could probably fix it. Otherwise, I see nothing.
- The OneNote language is controlled by Microsoft, and we try to work with Oneline OneNote, but we are getting a hard time, but the Electron UI is now able to use any language.
- You can translate any language @
- Allows using multiple instances (with some quirks, as the config will not be synchronized using multiple instances at once, so it can provide wrong results - to make it to work, configure with 1 instance, exit, then use multiple instances).
- Multiple instances is not recommended (it was requested and provided).
Sometimes, it is possible, that OneNote Online does not load properly or freezes, the solutions is to quit and start the program again. (I know, you won't like it at all! )
Although the main page's language can be changed, it reverts back when an actual page is accessed.
This is being investigated.
Since Electron v3, the tray left click is executing as the right click, Electron bug.
For file names do not use camelCase, but use kebab-case. Folder should be named as kebab-case as well. As you can see, all code filenames are using it like that, please do not change that.
Please apply the
.editorconfig settings in your IDE.
If you try to build the app with AppImage, you have to change from
devDependencies, this is because it is created to be able to run this app from
NPM instead of an
P3X OneNote Linux playground
Corifeus P3X OneNote Linux pages
AlternativeTo OneNote Linux
NPM P3X OneNote